DSCUS



Chapecoense footballer Neto, who survived the Colombian plane tragedy was reading Bible before the crash

Helio Neto, Chapecoense defender, one of the six individuals who survived the Colombian plane crash claimed seventy-one lives, was reading a Bible verse about 'being safe in the shadow of your wings' before the crash. Helio Neto's bible was found at the scene of the crash by Journalist, Roberto Cabrini. 

In a video footage Cabrini sees the Bible with a note inside saying it belongs to the defender.


A bookmark had been inserted next to Psalm 63. It reads;
'On my bed I remember you; I think of you through the watches of the night; Because you have been my help; Then I will rejoice in the shadow of your wings. My soul follows you closely; Your right hand upholds me."
The bible was handed to the footballer’s wife, who said that Neto is deeply religious and takes religious scriptures with him everywhere.

A total of 71 people lost their lives when the British-made Avro RJ85 aircraft came down en route to Medellin, where Brazilian side Chapecoense were due to play in the Copa Sudamericana final. 

photocredit:sbt

No comments:

Post a Comment