DSCUS



FOOTBALL ROWS: SAMUEL ETO'O DROPPED BY CLUB OVER RACIAL INSTAGRAM POST

Former Real Madrid and FC Barcelona footballer Samuel Eto'o Fils, 35 has been dropped by his Turkish club side Antalyaspor for his instagram post about being disrespected because of his skin color. Eto'o who joined the club sometimes in the summer of 2015 on a three-year contract has since been dropped till further notice.

He posted a screen shot image of his achievements- trophies with the a caption written in Turkish:(I got it for you in English)
"Reminder - perhaps some people do not feel respect for me because I am black. But I am not going to come down from the level I have reached. I have been in this game for 18 years."
Following a recent criticism from his club chairman Ali Safak Ozturk for poor performances so far this, everyone believes he was targeting his club chairman in the post but Samuel Eto'o insists it wasn't directed at Safak Ozturk...
"No player is above the interests of Antalyaspor. Everyone must know their place."- Ozturk said.

The alleged controversial post:

The clear-up:

No comments:

Post a Comment