DSCUS



FOOTBALL: AS Roma and Belgium footballer missed the terror attacks by a quirk of fate


Belgium footballer, Radja Nainggolan, 27, who PLAYS for AS Roma was fortunate to escape the terror attacks that rocked his country due to a commitment with his sponsor. He said:
"If I didn't have a commitment with my sponsor, I could have been at Zaventem airport that morning. Because of the event I had to go to, I arrived in Belgium a day earlier, but in Antwerp. Otherwise, I would have taken an early morning flight from Rome and I would have landed directly in Brussels.
Everything changed. The coach told us that the afternoon training session would be skipped and the camp would be delayed until further notice. So now we don't know what to do. Is our match with Portugal going to be cancelled? I have so many friends who work at the airport. I hope that they are all alright because here I can't talk to anyone. I don't even know the names of the victims, I hope everything is OK."

No comments:

Post a Comment