DSCUS



SKY SPORTS SUSPENDS FORMER ENGLAND INTERNATIONAL JAMIE CARRAGHER FOR SPITTING AT A 14-YEAR-OLD GIRL AFTER LIVERPOOL LOST TO MANCHESTER UNITED ON SATURDAY

Former Liverpool and England international, Jamie Carragher, was caught on video spitting at a Manchester United fan and his 14-year-old daughter after Manchester United defeated Liverpool 2-1 at Old Trafford on Saturday 10th March.
Jamie Carragher
Former Liverpool and England international, Jamie Carragher, was caught on video spitting at a Manchester United fan and his 14-year-old daughter after Manchester United defeated Liverpool 2-1 at Old Trafford on Saturday 10th March.

Carragher, 40, has since been suspended from his role as a pundit and commentator for Sky Sports following the embarrassing behavior. 

It's not stated how long the suspension will last.

Narrating what wasn't caught on camera before the vile act, the 40-year-old said:
“It was a bit more than, ‘Hiya Jamie, it was 2-1’. It went on for two or three times. I drove away at first and it just continued. I lost my head. I shouldn’t have done it but I was thinking what is a grown man doing, carrying on like that two or three times with his daughter in the car?”
A Sky Sports spokesperson said: 
“It’s unacceptable behaviour and we will be addressing it with Jamie.” 

The girl can be heard saying: 
“He spat on me.” He asks her: “Where did it hit you?” She replies: “On my face.”
Carragher has been removed from Sky Sports' Monday Night Football broadcast this week as a result of the incident.

He had already been culled from his duties as a pundit for Danish channel TV3 Sport on Tuesday night, where he was supposed to review Manchester United's clash with Sevilla.

Carragher, who had been covering the match as a Sky Sports pundit, phoned the girl and her father on Sunday night and said: 
“I just want to apologise and I hope you are OK.” 
She replied him: 
“OK, thanks for apologising.” 
The United fan added: 
“He looked at me and waved, I waved back and then he put his window down."
“I said, ‘Hey Jamie, good result, 2-1’ and he sort of looked at me and I said, ‘2-1, ha ha’ and his face just changed. I could just see him lurch towards his window and spit."
“I was stunned. I had not insulted him. I had not sworn at him. I have not got out and banged on his car. I have not done anything abusive to him, I’ve not stuck two fingers up at him.
“I’ve met footballers before and they have always been very accommodating. I thought, ‘Jamie Carragher, he is going to be up for a laugh.’ So when he did spit I was taken aback.
“I looked at my daughter and she was tearing up. I said did he hit you and she said, ‘He hit me in the face.’
“For a grown man to do that to a girl who had not done anything. She was sat in a passenger seat while her dad was trying to have a bit of harmless banter.
“There is no two ways about it. He saw her.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment