DSCUS



Michael Carrick signs new deal with Manchester United

Michael Carrick, 35, will remain at Manchester United for the 2017/18 Barclays English Premier League season. The midfielder whose contract is due this summer signs a new one-year contract to remain at the EPL side for yet another season making his 12th season in the Old Trafford outfits. Carrick who will be
36 in the summer has a testimonial match scheduled for June 4, 2017.

Carrick said:
"What a fantastic way to finish off the season, with a new trophy in our cabinet, I am delighted that my journey with this great club is going to continue."

"My focus now is looking ahead to my testimonial match next Sunday. It will be a very proud moment for me and my family, and is the perfect way to top what has already been a great season."

"I am thrilled that the fans will also get to see our shiny new Europa League trophy on the day."
Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho added:
"I have thoroughly enjoyed working with Michael over this past season,"

"He is one of the true professionals of the game. Not only is he a great footballer, he is also a fantastic human being and a great role model to our younger members of the team."

"I am delighted he has extended his contract and I would like to take this opportunity to wish Michael all the best for his well-deserved testimonial match next Sunday."