DSCUS



Football: Jose Mourinho reveals the moment he'll leave football

Manchester United manager, Jose Mourinho, in a quite and rare emotional fashion revealed the moment he'll retire from coaching in a night his Manchester United side were celebrating the EFL Cup after defeating Southampton 3-2 at full-time at Wembley Stadium.

Manchester United defeat Southampton 3-2 at Wembley thanks to a Zlatan Ibrahimovic's brace and one from Jesse Lingard.
Southampton however came on level terms at 2-2 after their new signing Manolo Gabbiadini found the back of Manchester United's net twice in three minutes.

It's the first major trophy the Special One has won at Old Trafford - and the fourth time he's won the League Cup as a manager - remaining three with Chelsea.

Asked why he wasn't celebrating, Mourinho said: 
"It's for them, it's for the fans. I take this because I've won it four times. I take this for me. It's the first one plus the Charity Shield. For the development of the team, there's nothing better than doing it with the feeling of trophies.

He claimed that he was right to be emotional – and said that the day football stops making him feel emotional will be the day he retires. Mourinho said:
 “I had my last one [trophy] here for Chelsea and it was as emotional. Winning is always special. The day I don’t get emotional when I win, that’s the time to go home.”




No comments:

Post a Comment