Monday, January 30, 2017

5 individuals dead, 2 individuals captured in Quebec Mosque shooting, Canada

Five individuals were killed after armed men opened fire in a Quebec City mosque amid evening prayers on Sunday, the mosque's leader told columnists. 

Prior, a witness revealed to Reuters that up to three armed men opened fire on around 40 individuals inside the Quebec City Islamic Cultural Center. Police set up a security around the mosque after the shooting.


Quebec police representative stated:
"There are many victims ... there are deaths".
A police tweet said there were passings and wounds and that two suspects had been captured. 
 "Why is this happening here? This is barbaric," said the mosque's president, Mohamed Yangui. 

Prior, on Saturday, Canadian Prime Minister, Justin Trudeau, had welcomed refugees who were escaping abuse to come to Canada in two tweets. He tweeted: 
"To those fleeing persecution, terror & war, Canadians will welcome you, regardless of your faith. Diversity is our strength "WelcomeToCanada"
 Another Tweet read: "#WelcomeToCanada"

Like France, Quebec, Canada has attempted to accommodate its mainstream personality with a rising Muslim populace, for the most part North African migrants. 

The niqab, turned into a major issue in the 2015 national Canadian decision, particularly in Quebec, where by far most of the populace upheld a restriction on it at citizenship services. Occurrences of Islamophobia have expanded in Quebec as of late. 

In 2013, police researched a mosque in the Saguenay district of Quebec after it was splattered with what was understood to be pig blood.

Story still developing... Check back later for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment