DSCUS



TAX EVASION: "I didn't know anything, all I know about is playing football and winning. I left it all to my Dad," - LIONEL MESSI


FC Barcelona star Lionel Messi and his father Jorge Horacio Messi stands trial for €4m tax evasion in Spain using offshore accounts.
Lionel Messi has denied any knowledge of evading taxes in Spain. See his statement in court after the cut

 
"I didn't know anything, all I know about is playing football and winning. I left it all to my Dad," Messi said, wearing a dark suit and tie. I only knew that sponsors would pay X amount of money, that I had to do adverts, photos and things like that.'' continued Messi, according to quotes gotten by Mirror Sports.
"I never read anything... I would sign where [the lawyers] said. I signed [the adidas contract] when I was 18, I was in another world."


 Jorge Messi claims he wasn't the image right companies didn't pay taxes in Spain.

"Since the start of Leo's career I only tried to make his life easier," he said. Leo knew nothing of these companies. He didn't read the contracts. They needed his signature, he went and signed but he didn't read anything and nor did anyone explain it to him."






source: lindaikejisblog

No comments:

Post a Comment