DSCUS



FOOTBALL: JOHNNY EVANS AND HIS BROTHER CORY EVANS BECOME THE FIRST BROTHERS TO REPRESENT NORTHERN IRELAND TOGETHER AT A MAJOR TOURNAMENT.

The Evans brothers.
pc: dailymail.co.uk
The Evans brothers who are both from Manchester United academy will represent their home country Northern Ireland on Sunday in a match against Poland in the on-going Euro2016 tournament.



Johnny Evans, 28 plays for EPL side West Bromwich Albion while his brother Cory Evans, 25 plays for Championship side, Blackburn Rovers.

Johnny expressed his delight saying the sacrifice their parents made for him and his brother paid off, having to relocate to England because of their football career...
He said;

‘I don’t think you appreciate what they (my parents) went through because we’re not privy to their serious conversations at night, when the kids are in bed.
‘You know, "Is this the right decision?" We’ll always be indebted to them because they sacrificed their lives really, especially our mum.
‘We were always out playing football anywhere we could. Corry was Roberto Carlos and I was Paolo Maldini.
‘If you see us together in the same team, I don’t think you get a prouder moment. If I go to watch Corry play I have so much pride, even more than when you’re playing in your own games.
‘That gives me an indication of what they must be feeling when watching us.’

Cory said;

‘They (my parents) always had belief in me and pushed me,’ says Corry. ‘It’s probably a relief that they don’t have to deal with the disappointment of me not making it.
‘They can look on now and be proud of what they’ve raised and sacrificed for our careers.'

credit: dailymail

No comments:

Post a Comment