DSCUS



WHAT A CLUELESS TEACHER: Girl whose African dress to prom was called tacky by a teacher says the teacher has apologized


A High school student,Mayalaya Zanders, who was told by a teacher that wearing an African dress to prom isn't really "something you wear to prom" went ahead and wore this gorgeous Ankara to her prom. She took to her IG page yesterday to say the teacher has since apologized, she has forgiven the teacher and has moved on. She also stated that she didn't want it to be about racism but about sharing her African culture. Initially she wrote:

"Thank you to everyone who gave me kind words on my prom dress. My date doesn't have social media so he's kinda nonchalant lol. The dress came after seeing the beautiful @jessnnecee wearing one similar to a ball. After discussing how beautiful it was and that I would do a african theme with a ) teacher I was told it wasn't really "something you wear to prom" Hellbent on proving them wrong and being someone who loves our culture and African glamorous style , me and @indelible_dcdecided to take the Ankara dress and put a twist on it. Little did I know it came out more beautiful, then I could've ever imagine!! My dress was to make a point. That African style is beautiful. That I am comfortable with my Melanin and roots. And finally that there's nothing like Black girl Magic❤️
Then yesterday she wrote:


source: lindaikejisblog

No comments:

Post a Comment