DSCUS



FOOTBALL: Anthony Martial admits he was frightened prior to his big money Manchester United move.

The 20-year-old made the surprise switch from Monaco to Old Trafford last summer in a deal that could end up costing United £61.5 million.
“At the start I was scared because I had heard a lot about the intensity of the English game,” Martial told RTL.
“But I realised during the matches that I was able to keep up, and I was really very happy about that because as a youngster I struggled to finish games, at the age of 17 they said I needed to work on my endurance.”

Asked if he was more afraid of the intensity of the tackles made in English football, Martial replied: “No the intensity, the tackles you need to know how to avoid them and not injure yourself. 

source: goal

No comments:

Post a Comment