DSCUS



POLITICS: Vladimir Putin should be in charge of Europe, says F1’s Bernie Ecclestone

Bernie Ecclestone believes Vladimir Putin should run Europe. The Formula One chief executive, who says he does not like democracy, also thinks the Russian president will “sort out this other business” in Syria and Great Britain should leave the European Union.


In an interview with the Daily Mail, Ecclestone said F1 is the “worst it has ever been” and the billionaire would not “spend money to take my family to watch a race”.

The 85-year-old’s admiration of Putin, however, was striking. “He’s the guy who should run Europe,” Ecclestone said. “He will sort out this other business that is going on in Syria. The good thing is that he does what he believes to be right and he stands by it. It’s hard to talk him out of anything.
“I’ve said before that I don’t much like democracy. Nothing gets done. I do quite like David Cameron. I didn’t think I would, but he has done what he thinks is best for Britain in the EU negotiations.
“I respect that, but I want us to leave Europe. It doesn’t make any difference to my business. It doesn’t make any difference to anyone here. I know what we give the EU, but not what it gives us back.”

SOURCE: http://www.theguardian.com

No comments:

Post a Comment