DSCUS



EPL: MANCHESTER UNITED FC; Van Gaal: I don't believe Mourinho to Man Utd 'nonsense'

Louis van Gaal does not believe Manchester United are in talks with Jose Mourinho - and has dismissed reports regarding his future as "nonsense".

Mourinho has been heavily linked with United in recent weeks, with reports claiming representatives of the former Chelsea boss have met with officials from the club.

Van Gaal says the stories have affected his family, but he has never doubted his ability and does not expect to be replaced by the Portuguese.

“The last two months have been very difficult for my wife, my kids, my grandchildren and my friends to cope with,” he told reporters. “For me too, but I can cope.

"In the Netherlands they know I am too arrogant to doubt myself, but I also know that such a nonsense is being created about me.

"I do not believe that there is already a relationship between Jose Mourinho and Manchester United.”
Van Gaal also claimed the media had invented stories about him, such as suggesting he had hired security for his wife.

He added: “I criticise the media for inventing stories. I never hired security. Never ever. And I am walking on the streets without security and all the people I meet are very positive.”
source: goal.com

No comments:

Post a Comment