DSCUS



VIDEO: TEXAS COP SEVERELY MOWED DOWN BY HIT AND RUN DRIVER

Dashcam footage of moment police officer, Cody Martin was hit by a hit and run driver while directing traffic following a crash in Austin, Texas.   The driver stopped briefly after sending the officer into the air but drove away.  The officer managed to escape death with a dislocated shoulder and broken upper arm following the accident on February 3rd.
Dashcam footage of moment police officer, Cody Martin was hit by a hit and run driver while directing traffic following a crash in Austin, Texas.
The driver stopped briefly after sending the officer into the air but drove away.
The officer managed to escape death with a dislocated shoulder and broken upper arm following the accident on February 3rd.

Officer Cody Martin worked at Austin Police Department for only 10 months and has finally returned to work after successful surgery.


The officer told NBC:
"I thought to myself, 'You're about to get hit and you're going to die'."
"I thought to myself 'There’s no way you're gonna survive, the car’s coming way too fast'."
"I was upside down in the air."
"I don't know how high I was, but I remember telling myself 'You're consciously aware that you're upside down right now - you're still alive'."
"I feel very lucky every time I watch the video."


Austin Police Department said the car appeared to be a four-door dark-coloured Nissan Altima or Honda Accord.

They think it was a 2000 to 2003 model and has a cracked windshield following the impact.

They are renewing appeals for anyone with information about the crash, which happened at around 9.40pm local time, to come forward.

Anyone who has seen the car or ha s knowledge of the crash should call police on 512-974-5789.

See the video below:

No comments:

Post a Comment