DSCUS



'I'm convinced I can still play at the highest level' - Boateng p*ssed to be axed by Germany

'I'm convinced I can still play at the highest level' - Boateng p*ssed to be axed by Germany
Bayern Munich defender Jerome Boateng alongside club team-mates Mats Hummels and Thomas Muller forced into early retirement from international football by Joachim Low as they will no longer be considered to represent the national team.

Boateng says he's disappointed that Germany coach Joachim Low has axed him from the international team, and insists he can still play at the highest level.

Low announced on Tuesday that he would no longer be considering Boateng, Mats Hummels and Thomas Muller for DFB selection as Germany aim to recover from their 2018 World Cup embarrassment.

The 2014 winners were knocked out in the group stages in Russia after defeats to Mexico and South Korea.
'I'm convinced I can still play at the highest level' - Boateng p*ssed to be axed by Germany

In reaction to Low's decision, Boateng posted on Instagram: "German coach Joachim Low told me today in a straightforward interview that I will not continue to be part of the DFB team, and that he wants to offer young players the opportunity in the future. especially in view of the upcoming tournaments where the team wants to show a new face.
"I am sad about this news because it has always been the greatest thing for me to represent my country. Nevertheless, I respect the new course and understand the decision of the national coach.
"I was young myself and reliant on older players to make room for me. Personally, I am convinced that I can continue to play at the highest level and will continue to do so in the future.
"I will always look back with great pleasure on the time spent in the DFB team. I have always been extremely proud to wear the jersey of the national team and I will never forget summer 2014 in particular. Of course, I would have wished for another farewell for us. Good luck of the team for the future!"
Boateng was one of the key figures in Germany's successful World Cup campaign in Brazil five years ago, starting the final at centre-back alongside Hummels.

However, his performances in Russia were heavily criticised as Low's side failed to keep a clean sheet in three group matches.

Germany then came bottom of their Nations League group in autumn of 2018, finishing behind Netherlands and France, leading the selectors to consider younger alternatives.

Boateng was given his full international debut by Low in October 2009, just four months after he had featured in the Under-21 European Championships win alongside Hummels.

He won 76 caps in total and scored one goal, which came against Slovakia in the 2016 European Championships.


Bundestrainer Joachim Löw hat mir heute in einem aufrichtigen Gespräch mitgeteilt, dass ich nicht weiter Teil des DFB-Teams sein werde, er in Zukunft jungen Spielern die Bühne bieten möchte und besonders im Hinblick auf die anstehenden Turniere der Mannschaft ein neues Gesicht geben möchte. Ich bin traurig über diese Nachricht, weil es für mich immer das Allergrößte war, mein Land zu repräsentieren. Dennoch respektiere ich den neuen Kurs und habe Verständnis für die Entscheidung des Bundestrainers. Ich war selbst jung und darauf angewiesen, dass mir ältere Spieler Platz machen. Ich persönlich bin davon überzeugt, dass ich weiterhin auf höchstem Niveau spielen kann und werde das auch in Zukunft zeigen. An die Zeit im DFB-Team werde ich immer mit großer Freude zurückblicken. Ich war immer extrem stolz, das Trikot der Nationalmannschaft tragen zu dürfen und werde vor allem den Sommer 2014 nie vergessen. Dennoch hätte ich mir natürlich einen anderen Abschied für uns gewünscht. Viel Erfolg der Mannschaft für die Zukunft!
A post shared by Jerome Boateng (@jeromeboateng) on


'Never mission impossible' - Solskjaer sure Man Utd can pull off Barcelona-like comeback on PSG

No comments:

Post a Comment