DSCUS



GOALKEEPER GIANLUIGI BUFFON TO LEAVE JUVENTUS AFTER 17 YEARS

Italy and Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon announces he'll retire from active footballat the end of the season. He joined Juventus in 2001 from boyhood club Parma made the announcement at an emotional press conference at the Allianz Stadium, Turin.
Italy and Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon announces he'll retire from active footballat the end of the season. He joined Juventus in 2001 from boyhood club Parma made the announcement at an emotional press conference at the Allianz Stadium, Turin.

His final appearance will be against Hellas Verona on Saturday.

At the press conference, the 40-year-old veteran goalkeeper said:
"Saturday will be my final match for Juventus and to end this journey with two cups and with the president and the entire Bianconeri world by my side, will be very special."
"I would like to conclude by thanking the Juventus family and the whole club.  I was always be grateful to all of you forever."
"What will I do? Saturday's match is the only thing that is for certain."
"The most exciting proposal for my career off the pitch has come from the president. Next week, after a few days to reflect, I shall make up my mind and follow my best instincts."
"Andrea [Agnelli] and I will continue to have dialogue and I will rely on his support and suggestions."
"Until 15 days it was sure I would stop playing football, but now new challenges have arrived both on the pitch and outside the pitch."
"If I decide to continue my on-pitch career, it will boil down to whether I still have the necessary drive and strength. It's something that I'd need to think long and hard about. I don't want to end up playing in lower leagues."
"If my future lies off the pitch, it will be necessary to undergo a training course in order to understand the right path to take and what role I could occupy."
"I would say the next week, after some reflections, I will make the ultimate decision."
On his international future, Buffon said: 
"I can confirm that I'll be staying away from the national team. There are several young keepers who need to gain experience to grow."
Buffon will make his 177th and final Italy cap in a friendly against the Netherlands on June 4 making him Italy's most-capped player of all time.

This summer's World Cup in Russia would have been his sixth appearance at the finals, but Italy missed out on qualification after a play-off defeat to Sweden.  

U.S: NEW LAW WOULD ALLOW MORE MONEY FOR PROSECUTING COLD CASES LIKE THE GOLDEN STATE KILLER

No comments:

Post a Comment