DSCUS



GRAPHIC CONTENT VIDEO/PHOTOS: BRAVE TODDLER DIES AFTER SAVING MOM AND BABY SISTER FROM RAGING FIRE

Frankfort, Kentucky, USA Toddler, Dj, dies after saving his mom Whitney Johnson, 26, and baby-sister, Nyla, 5 weeks, from ravaging fire that got out of control at their apartment after their smoke detector failed to sound off. The hero-toddler woke his mom to the fire but ran back to his room to hide as his mom tries to open the door with a burning 5-month old in her hands.
Whitney and Nyla
Frankfort, Kentucky, USA Toddler, Dj, dies after saving his mom Whitney Johnson, 26, and baby-sister, Nyla, 5 weeks, from ravaging fire that got out of control at their apartment after their smoke detector failed to sound off. The hero-toddler woke his mom to the fire but ran back to his room to hide as his mom tries to open the door with a burning 5-month old in her hands.

Whitney - unable to find crying DJ in the fire and smoke - was forced to make the hard decision to leave him behind and save Nyla, whose head was burning.

Both Whitney and Nyla sustained burns to the head and hands from the fire caused by heater explosion in their living room. After escaping to safety with Nyla, Whitney bravely handed Nyla to a neighbor and ran back in to rescue her son but couldn't locate him through the thick smoke...
DJ died from smoke inhalation.
Frankfort, Kentucky, USA Toddler, Dj, dies after saving his mom Whitney Johnson, 26, and baby-sister, Nyla, 5 weeks, from ravaging fire that got out of control at their apartment after their smoke detector failed to sound off. The hero-toddler woke his mom to the fire but ran back to his room to hide as his mom tries to open the door with a burning 5-month old in her hands.
DJ
Whitney said:
"DJ is my hero. If it wasn't for him yelling for me, we definitely would not be here."
"When I woke up, all I remember is flames everywhere and pitch black smoke. It was like something out of the movies."
"We all got up and headed towards the front door to get out."
"We ran through fire and I guess that scared DJ. I remember looking back and thinking, This is it, we are all going to die."

WARNING - DISTRESS VIDEO/PHOTOS: COP SHOOT AND KILLED DRIVER IN A ROUTINE POLICE STOP TURNED DEADLY

 "I had my newborn in one arm and I tried to open the front door and had to let go of my son's arm to do that."
"He ran directly to his room and shut his door. He was coughing and yelling for me and I was trying to look for him but couldn’t see him through the black smoke and flames."
"I tried to get myself to him but I couldn’t find him and I tried to open the door but at first I couldn't."
"I looked at my daughter and her scalp was melting and that forced me out. I was able to open the door and got everyone out of the entire building."
"At that point getting my son out was all that was on my mind. I tried to run back into the apartment but it was in flames."
The November 20, 2015 incident left Whitney with burns to 29 per cent of her body and Nyla, now aged two, with 19 per cent burns, and the pair both spent two months in hospital.

Nyla - who continues to undergo therapy - has been branded a "baby Freddy Krueger" by cruel strangers.
Frankfort, Kentucky, USA Toddler, Dj, dies after saving his mom Whitney Johnson, 26, and baby-sister, Nyla, 5 weeks, from ravaging fire that got out of control at their apartment after their smoke detector failed to sound off. The hero-toddler woke his mom to the fire but ran back to his room to hide as his mom tries to open the door with a burning 5-month old in her hands.
Nyla and Braylen
Whitney, whose eldest son Braylen, eight, was not home at the time of the fire, said she wears a "mask of happiness" but suffers anxiety.

15 DEAD AS HUMBOLDT BRONCOS ICE HOCKEY TEAM BUS CRASHES HEAD ON INTO A LORRY


The mum, who is now pregnant with her fourth child, said:
"People in public say things. Little kids will usually act scared of Nyla like she is a monster but adults are the worst."
"She has been called a baby Freddy Krueger and strangers online have told me I should have died in the fire and that it was my fault I didn't save my son."
"That really bothers me because I am angry at myself for not saving DJ. I'm supposed to be his protector and I wasn't able to be there."
"A lot of people thought I could just go around and smash through the window to get him, but the apartment was on the second floor."
"I cry when I read through those comments but those people have never been in my shoes. There was absolutely nothing I could have done."
"Now I try to raise awareness about fire safety through my social media, encouraging people to have a safety plan and to teach their kids not to run to their bedrooms."

No comments:

Post a Comment